TRAIN THE TRAINER
The ability to train staff is one of the essential skills of an effective manager. Whether this is carried out through one- to-one instruction or in group sessions, the training must have identifiable objectives, be well structured and include elements of evaluation for it to be truly effective.
- The systematic Training Cycle
- The Entry point - expectations from this training?
- How do you clarify performance? What do they need to know and why?
- Gap analysis techniques
- Preparing sessions Plans
- Learning styles
- Communication skills for training
- Engaging the room
- Making your training memorable
- Room dynamics
- Testing understanding
- Evaluation process
- Practical exercises
This course is for people who are being asked to train employees, retrain others or induct new starters. It is also for those who might be experienced trainers but have never received any formal training on how to train.
This course will enable participants to:
- Ensure that their training is ‘adding value’ to the business
- Tailor their training to meet the specific needs of the company / department
- Produce a session plan including quantifiable objectives
- Design and conduct an effective training session
- Select and use appropriate and effective visual aids
- Identify the ways in which they and others people learn
- Practice their training skills and receive feedback in a risk free and supportive environment.
Duration: 2 Days