LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
We understand the importance of teaching and know how rewarding a profession it can be. It all depends on your past experience, we have a range of teacher training qualifications, designed for new or experienced teachers and lecturers, which help in developing the skills to lead and inspire in education. Teaching offers fantastic career prospects, and our education and training progarmmes are a great place to start or further develop your skills in the profession.
We provide a range of courses for those who are interested in or already working in the further education and skills sector. These programmes are suitable for those working in further and higher education, schools, private and voluntary training providers. You can undertake a range of courses to meet your needs, whether you are new to teaching or already in a teaching role.
Course Code: LSBE/UND/DETM-05
Credit Hours: 120
Awarded by: QUALIFI
Duration: 06-12 Months
Instalment Option Available: Yes
Mode of Study: Online/ Blended Learning
Assessment Method: Research Based Assignments
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Professional Practice in Education and Training
Optional units: Choose any TWO
- Action Research
- Develop and Prepare Resources for Learning and Development
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
- Equality and Diversity
- Inclusive Practice
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- Manage Learning and Development in Groups
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
What You Will Learn?
- In education and training, theories, principles, and models, such as the theory and practice of learning, communication, assessment, curriculum development, and evaluation, should be discussed and applied to the individual's own profession.
- A variety of issues pertaining to teaching, learning, and assessment in education and training, including role, responsibilities, and relationships, setting individual learning goals with learners using initial and diagnostic assessments, planning and delivering inclusive teaching, maintaining a safe, inclusive teaching and learning environment, and assessing the learning process.
- Identifying the impact of professional values on education and training, understanding the policy context affecting education and training, understanding accountability to stakeholders and external bodies, determining the organisational context for education and training, and contributing to an organisation's quality improvement and quality assurance arrangements.
For entry onto the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification, learners must possess
- A learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- A bachelors degree or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 25) with management experience (learners must check with the admissions office regarding this requirement before registration.)
Applicants will also be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- Provide a copy of original qualification certificates and proof of ID, e.g. Passport
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an online interview
English Language Requirements
If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country then s/he must provide evidence of English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0. We also accept other standard English tests and qualifications, as long as they meet the minimum requirements of your course. If a learner doesn't meet the English language requirements then s/he can achieve the required level by successfully completing a pre-sessional English course before starting the main course.
To complete the course, students should have access to:
- a laptop or Desktop PC with relevant online learning third-party Softwares, e.g. Zoom
- a webcam and headphones
- Internet speeds with a minimum bandwidth of 600kbps (up/down), with a recommended speed of 1.5 Mbps (up/down)