PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN HEALTHCARE PRACTICE
The programme provides individuals with the knowledge and skills required to work effectively in the healthcare industry. It is designed for individuals who are currently working in healthcare or are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. In general, the course covers a wide range of topics related to healthcare. These topics include medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, healthcare law and ethics, patient care and communication, infection prevention and control, and medication management.
This course may be completed online or in-person, and may require clinical or practical experience in a healthcare setting. Upon completion of this program, graduates may be qualified to work as healthcare assistants, nursing assistants, patient care assistants, or in other healthcare support roles.
- Duty of Care
- Basic Fire Safety
- Basic Life Support
- Diabetes Awareness
- Privacy and Dignity
- Dementia Awareness
- Safeguarding Adults
- Handling Information
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Safeguarding Children
- Equality and Diversity
- Mental Health Awareness
- Your Personal Development
- Awareness for Care Homes
- Work in a Person-Centred Way
- Understand Your Role in care
- Principles of Communication
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Introduction to the Safe Handling of Medicines
As you pursue this course in healthcare management, you will gain a level of understanding that will open up new career opportunities for you. As you develop a deeper understanding of the healthcare environment, your practical skills will also be enhanced through rewarding work-based experiences.
By completing your work experience in a healthcare setting, you will be able to acquire the skills necessary for a successful career in the medical field.
- The applicant must be 18 years or older at the start of the course.
- Must have achieved a recognised UK or overseas qualification (equivalent)
- Must have completed 12 years of education. If completed 10 years of education then at least demonstrate a Level 3 qualification with minimum 'C' or 'Pass' grades in Mathematics and English.
- Provide relevant Local Board of Examination results from the home country, which must include at least 'C' Grade in English and 4 other subjects.
- Mock Examination Result can also be accepted for initial Conditional Admission, pending the release of the Board of Examination Result. (This will be assessed on a case by case basis.)
- Mature Learners (21 years or older) with work experience in management or supervisory roles.
(This will also be assessed on a case by case basis.)
Applicants will also be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- Provide a copy of original qualification certificates and proof of ID, e.g. Passport
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an online interview
English Language Requirements
If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country then s/he must provide evidence of English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 5.5. We also accept other standard English tests and qualifications, as long as they meet the minimum requirements of your course. If a learner doesn't meet the English language requirements then s/he can achieve the required level by successfully completing a pre-sessional English course before starting the main course.
To complete the course, students should have access to:
- a laptop or Desktop PC with relevant online learning third-party Softwares, e.g. Zoom
- a webcam and headphones
- internet speeds with a minimum bandwidth of 600kbps (up/down), with a recommended speed of 1.5 Mbps (up/down)
At IU International University of Applied Sciences, we place a strong emphasis on quality. That is why all of our study programmes are state-approved, bear the seal of German Accreditation Council and are globally recognised. And that is why we have won a large number of awards for our programme selection, high level of educational materials and outstanding service and support.