PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN SUSTAINABLE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
The Professional Certificate in Sustainable Supply Chain Management is a specialised training programme designed to equip professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement sustainable practices in the supply chain. The purpose of this program is to provide participants with an understanding of the environmental and social impacts of supply chain activities, and how these impacts may be minimised through sustainable practices. It also focuses on the economic benefits of sustainable supply chain management, such as cost savings, improved reputations, and increased customer loyalty.
Participants in the programme can expect to gain a deeper understanding of sustainable supply chain management principles and strategies, as well as practical tools and techniques for implementation. They will learn about the latest sustainability standards and regulations, and how to assess and mitigate environmental and social risks in the supply chain. They will also learn how to engage with suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders to build more sustainable supply chains.
Course Code: EXD/PCSSCM
Duration:Depending on the participant's learning style, it may take between two and four weeks.
Mode of Study: Online/ Blended Learning
The course is ideal for professionals working in supply chain management, procurement, logistics, sustainability, and environmental management. Upon completion of the programme, participants receive a certificate that can be used to demonstrate their expertise in sustainable supply chain management to employers and other stakeholders.
- Essentials of supply chain management
- Managing supply chains in a changing world
- Practical implications for supply chain management
- Designing efficient, resilient supply chains
- Supply chain analytics
- Innovation and supply chain technology
Review the basic principles of supply chains before exploring the impact and influence of global supply chains.
Explore the challenges that a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world poses to supply chains, as well as how a global perspective can mitigate these challenges.
Expand your conception of value and rethink dependencies with a global perspective on supply chains.
Discover how a life cycle approach and innovative business models can revitalise the design of supply chains.
Consider the importance of analytics and KPIs in optimising supply chain management
Discover how technology can facilitate integrated supply chains, the new frontiers of digital supply chains, and opportunities for enhancing traceability.
Gain key knowledge and skills in building a resilient and sustainable supply chain
- You will equip yourself and your business with the tools needed to implement climate positive change in existing supply chains.
- Discover the role of innovation, analytics, and technology in facilitating traceability and integrated supply chains
- Learn how to leverage supply chain transformation to meet organisational objectives and create long-term value
- The applicant must be 18 years or older at the start of the course.
- Must have achieved a recognised UK or overseas qualification (equivalent)
- Must have completed 12 years of education. If completed 10 years of education then at least demonstrate a Level 3 qualification with minimum 'C' or 'Pass' grades in Mathematics and English.
- Provide relevant Local Board of Examination results from the home country, which must include at least 'C' Grade in English and 4 other subjects.
- Mock Examination Result can also be accepted for initial Conditional Admission, pending the release of the Board of Examination Result. (This will be assessed on a case by case basis.)
- Mature Learners (21 years or older) with work experience in management or supervisory roles.
(This will also be assessed on a case by case basis.)
Applicants will also be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- Provide a copy of original qualification certificates and proof of ID, e.g. Passport
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an online interview
English Language Requirements
If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country then s/he must provide evidence of English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 5.5. We also accept other standard English tests and qualifications, as long as they meet the minimum requirements of your course. If a learner doesn't meet the English language requirements then s/he can achieve the required level by successfully completing a pre-sessional English course before starting the main course.
To complete the course, students should have access to:
- a laptop or Desktop PC with relevant online learning third-party Softwares, e.g. Zoom
- a webcam and headphones
- internet speeds with a minimum bandwidth of 600kbps (up/down), with a recommended speed of 1.5 Mbps (up/down)