LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
A career in health and social care is one of the most rewarding careers out there. Not only are you caring and helping vulnerable people, but you are also making a difference in people’s lives.
For those looking for an advanced career in health and social care, this Health and Social Care Level 5 course can be the perfect springboard to achieving a career in health and social care
Course Code: LSBE/UND/DHSC-05
Awarded by: QUALIFI
Credit Hours: 120
Accredited by: Ofqual (UK Government) Regulated Qualification
Duration: 06- 12 Months
Mode of Study: Online/ Blended Learning
Course Assessment: Research Based Assignments
- Principles Underpinning Health and Social Care
- The Management of Quality in Health and Social Care
- Research Project
- Partnership working in Health and Social Care
- Working with Service users with Complex Needs
In the UK many graduates enter employment where a degree in any subject would be acceptable. In this instance what they offer the employer is evidence of the range of competencies which have been developed through their academic study, rather than the specific subject content of their degree. Given the current economic climate and the increased competition for graduate positions, it's important to consider a range of occupational areas. Bear in mind that many careers require further study, training and/or work experience beyond your degree.
Health and Social Care degree can open up doors to some seriously well-paid careers in the following job roles..
- Health administration
- Health and Social Care Manager
- Care Home Manager
- Social Work Team Manager
- Community Development Officer
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Training and Development Manager
- Health therapies
- Policy Advisor
Entry Requirements Applicant must possess the following for entry into Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Qualifications at Level 2
- Work experience in the health and social care sector and demonstrate ambition with clearcareer goals
- A Level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in health and social care.
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- Provide a copy of original qualification certificates and proof of ID, e.g. Passport
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an online interview
English Language Requirements
If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country then s/he must provide evidence of English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 5.5. We also accept other standard English tests and qualifications, as long as they meet the minimum requirements of your course. If a learner doesn't meet the English language requirements then s/he can achieve the required level by successfully completing a pre-sessional English course before starting the main course.
To complete the course, students should have access to:
- a laptop or Desktop PC with relevant online learning third-party Softwares, e.g. Zoom
- a webcam and headphones
- internet speeds with a minimum bandwidth of 600kbps (up/down), with a recommended speed of 1.5 Mbps (up/down)