LEVEL 4 AWARD IN UNDERSTANDING THE PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES OF INTERNALLY ASSURING THE QUALITY OF ASSESSMENT
This qualification is intended for those who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of internal quality assurance without any requirement to practice. This is a knowledge-only Award for those who are starting their journey as an internal quality assurer, or for those who need to know about assessment practice but who are not currently practising e.g. a starting point for aspiring internal verifiers or a professional development qualification for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel.
1. Level 4 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
Course Code: LSBE/AWD/UPP-QA
Awarded by: LSBE
Credit Hours: 6
Accredited by: Ofqual (UK Government) Regulated Qualification
Duration: 03 Months
Mode of Study: Online/ Live Virtual Sessions/Webinars
Course Assessment: Research Based Assignments.
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
On successful completion of the course, you will:
- Understand the context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the internal qualify assurance of assessment
- Understand techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- Understand how to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment
This qualification is designed for learners aged 19 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for these qualifications.
However, learners may find it helpful if they have already achieved a Level 3 qualification. Centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate for the age and ability of learners.
In certain circumstances, individuals with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.