LEVEL 4 AWARD IN THE INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE OF ASSESSMENT PROCESSES AND PRACTICE
The objective of the Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice qualifications are to develop learners’ understanding of theory and practice relating to their quality assurance role in education. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective quality assurance practitioner.
The units combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of effective performance, planning and accountability and development.
Successful completion of these qualifications will enable learners to gain an internal quality assurance role or to develop within that role, and to lead a team of the internal quality assurance practitioners. Learners will also be able to work in a variety of other roles within education administration and/or management.
Course Code: LSBE/AWD/IQAA-PP
Awarded by: LSBE
Credit Hours: 12
Accredited by: Ofqual (UK Government) Regulated Qualification
Duration: 03 Months
Mode of Study: Online/ Live Virtual Sessions/Webinars
Course Assessment: Research Based Assignments
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
The qualification is designed to meet the following objectives:
- To confirm the learner's occupational competence as an internal quality-assurer of regulated work-based qualifications.
- The knowledge required to plan and carry out the quality assurance of monitoring activities defined in their organisation's quality assurance procedures and in accordance with appropriate external quality assurance requirements.
- The opportunity to demonstrate that their performance in quality assurance of assessment within an organisation or assessment centre meets the National Occupational Standards for planning and carrying out the quality assurance monitoring activities defined in their organisation's quality assurance procedures and appropriate external quality assurance requirements and the relevant sector skillls council's assessment strategy.
- This qualification is designed for learners aged 19 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for these qualifications.
- However, learners may find it helpful if they have already achieved a Level 3 qualification. Centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate for the age and ability of learners.
- In certain circumstances, individuals with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.