LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN DATA SCIENCE
A contemporary and comprehensive overview of data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning is provided in the Level 3 Diploma, including historical aspects such as the emergence of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the late 1950s, the dawn of big data in the early 2000s, the current applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning, as well as the challenges associated with them.
The diploma introduces learners to two new exciting and emerging areas of data science in addition to the standard machine learning models of linear and logistic regression, decision trees, and k-means clustering.
As part of the Diploma, learners are also introduced to the data analytical landscape and associated analytical tools, as well as taught introductory Python so that they are able to analyse, explore, and visualise data as well as implement a few basic data science models.
Course Code: LSBE/UND/DDS-03
Awarded by: QUALIFI
Credit Hours: 60
Accredited by: Ofqual (UK Government) Regulated Qualification
Duration: 06- 12 Months
Mode of Study: Online/ Blended Learning
Course Assessment: Research Based Assignments
- The Field of Data Science
- Python for Data Science
- Creating and Interpreting
- Visualisations in Data Science
- Data and Descriptive Statistics in Data Science
- Fundamentals of Data Analytics
- Data Analytics with Python
- Machine Learning Methods and Models in Data Science
- The Machine Learning Process
- Linear Regression in Data Science
- Logistic Regression in Data Science
- Decision Trees in Data Science
- K-means Clustering in Data Science
- Synthetic Data for Privacy and Security in Data Science
- Graphs and Graph Data Science
- Gain the mathematical and statistical knowledge and understanding required to conduct basic data analysis. Develop analytical and machine learning skills with Python.
- Develop a strong understanding of data and data processes, including data cleaning, data structuring, and preparing data for analysis and visualisation.
- Understand the data science landscape and ecosystem, including relational databases, graph databases, programming languages such as Python, visualisation tools, and other analytical tools.
- Understand the machine learning processes, understanding which algorithms to apply to different problems, and the steps required build, test and verify a model.
- Develop an understanding of contemporary and emerging areas of data science, and how they can be applied to modern challenges.
- Approved Centres are responsible for reviewing and making decisions as to the applicant’s ability to complete the learning programme successfully and meet the demands of the qualification. The initial assessment by the centre will need to consider the support that is readily available or can be made available to meet individual learner needs as appropriate.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access. For this qualification, applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- Entry to the qualification will be through centre-led registration processes which may include interview or other appropriate processes.