MBA DEGREE PATHWAY - LEVEL 7 DIPLOMA IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE MANAGEMENT
Worldwide medical hospitals need talented and skilful medical professionals for good patient care and successful hospital management operations. The primary aim of this programme is to develop a range of appropriate knowledge, values, skills and sufficient competencies to enable you to operate and manage effectively within a domestic and international hospital environment. The course objective is to develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development, and team leadership.
The postgraduate course covers a wide range of modern issues and develops the critical, analytical and technical skills needed by senior management staff. Learners will be able to work as an effective Health care administrator or manager.
Who should study?
Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is useful for individuals from all over the world who are already on job for personal and professional development or re-entering employment after a period of absence in the health management, health or social care and for those who are seeking a career change in the health or social care sector. Most individuals in this course are working professionally in managerial positions. This course is extremely suitable for senior managers and medical doctors.
What you will learn?
- Develop managerial skills to manage quality in health and social care sector
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health and manage budget and perform financial analysis to manage complex issues in the organisation to improve management practice
- Perform environmental analysis for strategic marketing decision making to implement the strategy
- Manage team performance for the quality of service delivery in health and social care organisation
- Understand advanced economic literature on the demand and supply of health care
- Critically review the role of agencies and healthcare organisations in the promotion of health programmes globally
- Understand strategic human resource techniques and tools to manage employees performance
PLAB 1/PLAB 2 Exam Preparation
We can offer you the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board exam preparation as part of the course. We have a strategic alliance with experienced medical professionals who are providing training and practice for PLAB1 and PLAB2 examinations.
Course Code: LSBE/PGD-HSCM/MBA/TOP-UP
Credit Hours: 120
Awarded by: OTHM
Duration: 12-18 Months
Tuition Fees (VCL): £ 3500
Tuition Fees (Online): £ 1850
Installment Option Available: YesScholarship & Bursaries Available: Yes
Mode of Study: Online/ Virtual Classroom Learning (VCL)/Webinars
Course Assessment: Completion of a written assignment per Unit (word count per assignment 2,500 to 3,000) No examinations Assignments
Delivered by: London School of Business & EntrepreneurshipCourse Assessment
- International Health Policy
- Human Resource Management
- Managing Finance in the Healthcare Sector
- Strategic Marketing for Health and Social Care
- Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals
- Strategic Management in the Healthcare Industry
- Organisational Behaviour in Health and Social Care
- Managing Service Delivery in Health and Social Care
Course Code: LSBE/PGD-HSCM/MBA/TOP-UP
Credit Hours: 80
Duration: 06-12 Months
Tuition Fees: £3500 - £6000
Instalment Option Available: TBCScholarship & Bursaries Available: TBC
Mode of Study: Online/ Virtual Classroom Learning (VCL) /Webinars
Delivered by: Selected UK University for MBA Top-up Degree
- Business Research Methods
- Dissertation Project
MBA Top-up Degree Awarding Universities
- Northampton university (Gold Rank Teaching Standards)
- Anglia Ruskin University (Silver Rank Teaching Standards)
- University of West Scotland (Silver Rank Teaching Standards)
- University of Chichester (Silver Rank Teaching Standards)
For entry onto the Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification, learners must possess
- A bachelors degree or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 25) with management experience (learners must check with the admissions office regarding this requirement before registration.)
Applicants will also be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- Provide a copy of original qualification certificates and proof of ID, e.g. Passport
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an online interview
English Language Requirements
If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country then s/he must provide evidence of English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0. We also accept other standard English tests and qualifications, as long as they meet the minimum requirements of your course. If a learner doesn't meet the English language requirements then s/he can achieve the required level by successfully completing a pre-sessional English course before starting the main course.
To complete the course, students should have access to:
- a laptop or Desktop PC with relevant online learning third-party Softwares, e.g. Zoom
- a webcam and headphones
- internet speeds with a minimum bandwidth of 600kbps (up/down), with a recommended speed of 1.5 Mbps (up/down)
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England. A non-ministerial government department with jurisdiction in England. An Ofqual regulated Undergraduate Diploma Level 4 & 5 (240 credits) course is equivalent to the Year 1 and Year 2 of a three years’ UK Bachelor’s degree. Similarly, a regulated Postgraduate Diploma Level 7 course carries 120 credits, gives entry onto an MBA top-up degree programme at a range of UK universities. The course will provide full exemption towards MBA course work and students only have to complete one module and a research project directly with the university.
Providing Study Pathways to UK University Degrees
Successful completion of the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management, qualification enable learners to progress into or within employment and/or direct entry to an MBA top-up degree. However, each applicant will be subject to individual assessment and other university entry requirements which may affect university admissions.
This is to confirm that the Level 7 postgraduate diploma qualification is approved by the Ofqual and awarded by the OTHM, a recognised awarding organisation in the UK. The dissertation stage of an MBA degree will be delivered and awarded by the UK university. London School of Business & Entrepreneurship is responsible to deliver quality teaching and valuable learning experience to our worldwide student community. Feel free to contact our admissions team to discuss the university progression routes and admission requirements.
The course is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning students. Accelerated programmes are developed for certain purposes, kindly speak with our admissions team. Our programmes are self-study courses with dedicated support from qualified tutors from UK or Europe. The programmes could be delivered face-to-face, through live virtual lectures, tutorials, webinars or seminars. All courses are delivered via Moodle and Zoom for enhanced learning experience. All course materials are available online and can be accessed 24/7. Tutors are available by phone and the online learning system to provide support and assistance with assignments and study materials. Support Services are available by phone, email, social media, instant messenger to assist with any issues or concerns during your course
Scholarships & Bursaries
Have you ever wondered what a recognised British qualification can do for your professional career?
Studying in the UK will give you the opportunity to experience multi-cultural cities, networking with other students and professionals from all over the world and gain skills to help further your career enhancement. LSBE offers a wide range of scholarships and bursaries to support worldwide students. Our scholarships are offered on the basis of high academic excellence and bursaries reward to students based on their personal circumstances or if they come from low-income family backgrounds. Bursaries can help students who may face more barriers to attending higher education, enabling them to access recognised British qualifications. Please contact our expert Learning Advisers to learn about our scholarships and bursaries.
Thinking about making us your learning partner this year?
Our teaching and administrative team are highly skilled and experienced in working with international students and we are committed to helping you successfully complete your selected course. Together this makes for a varied and stimulating academic experience.