CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Detect various types of compromise and understand penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organisational security
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Implement and summarise risk management best practices and the business impact
- Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
- The CompTIA Security+ exam focuses on today’s best practices for risk management and risk mitigation, including more emphasis on the practical and hands-on ability to both identify and address security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Classify Network Attacks
- Classify Software Based Attacks
- Harden Base Operating Systems and Directory Services
- DHCP Services
- DHCP Servers
- Network File
- Print Servers
- Hardening Internetwork Connection Devices
- DNS and BIND Servers
- Web Servers and FTP Servers
- Email Servers
- Secure Network Traffic Using IP Security (IPSec)
- Wireless Traffic
- Client Internet Access
- Remote Access Channel
- Install a Certificate Authority (CA) Hierarchy
- Back Up Certificate Authorities
- Restore a Certificate Authority
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Monitor for Intruders
- Respond to Security Incidents
- Enforce Corporate Security Policy Compliance
- Legal Compliance
- Physical Security Compliance
- Educate Users
What is CompTIA Security+ Certification?
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.Why should I study CompTIA Security+ Certification?
According to the CompTIA Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification study 91% of managers who are looking to hire staff value an IT certification highly on a perspective candidates CV. Another reason you should undertake this course is that the skills you will be learning and will become certified to perform are universal. Which means you can work with a wide range of hardware.What exams do I need to take?
CompTIA A+ 220-801 and CompTIA A+ 220-802What is the pattern of the examination?
CompTIA A+ 220-801 is 90 minutes, multiple choice and has a pass mark of 675/900. CompTIA A+ 220-802 is 90 minutes, multiple choice and has a pass mark of 700/900.How long is my CompTIA Security+ Certification valid for?
The CompTIA Security+ certification is valid for three years after passing the exam. The exam can be retaken, or you can participate in several activities and training programs, to renew your certification with the CompTIA Continuing Education (CE) Program. The CE Program works on a point-based system, and so at least 50 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) need to be collected within three years to renew your CompTIA Security+ qualification.What kind of job I can do?
There are a wide range of roles you can undertake which may require a CompTIA qualification. There are roles for all levels of experience and qualifications. Typical job roles include:
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician
- IT support technician
- IT support administrator
- IT support specialist